” Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” ~B.K.S. Iyengar
Hi Beautiful People.
SPRING is definitely in the air. . . clocks have sprung forward. Days are getting longer, birds are chirping, the sun is melting the snow and the warmth of the sun is trying to stick around for good.
Due to spring ushering in a new season and feeling a bit more inflamed this past week or so, I’m doing a very small spring mini detox for myself. Throughout my health journey these past 6 years I’ve become highly attuned to my bodies needs. My inner intuition guides me to what I need to do to put it back on track if any symptoms start to flare.SOOOO many of things I already do on a daily basis, as it’s truly how I live my life, not 100% due to my health journey, BUT because it makes me feel soooooo insanely good. Although I’m a self-confessed Health Nut and get excited over green juice + kale, I feel I need a bit more concreteness and sometimes just saying it out to the world (hello wherever you are on this beautiful planet!) will hold me more accountable to stick to something. I’ve also added a few more new things into my regime which I will share with you on these next few weeks.
It pretty much is just Project Green. Eat as many different greens that I can and incorporate them into any and everything that I’m consuming.
Here is how it will flow :: I would LOVE for you to join me, and in no way do you have to follow it to the T, this is just works best for my body, so PLEASE listen to yours. Honor it, nourish it and ultimately give it what it needs. But lets be real, no one EVER said – too many greens doesn’t do my body good. So if you do ANYTHING than just be conscious of your greens intake, and INCREASE it drastically. You will notice a difference.
* oil pulling with coconut water upon rising! FIRST thing. This is new to me and something I started doing 3 days ago (I’m actually doing it while I write!). It requires a post unto itself but here is the gist :: It’s an ancient Ayurvedic technique that basically involves you swishing oil in your mouth for 20 minutes (no more no less) to help improve your oral & overall health. The idea behind it is pretty simple stupid- the oil is “sticky” and when you swish it around in your mouth bacteria gets stuck in the oil & dissolves. More on this to come. . .
* mug of warm lemon water every day
* glass of water w/ lemon & tsp of MSM powder every second day or so – WHY I love it so here
* daily probiotic
* some supplements that I take but not on a daily basis – high potency Vitamin C, Vitamin D (not daily) , Evening Primose Oil (for my hormones, not daily), Food grade Multi ( every second day or so) and sometimes a few others depending on how I’m feeling…
* 1-2 cups of genmaicha green tea daily
* one LARGE *just* green juice a day – no fruits added
* a giant juice + as many low-sugar fruits as I want until lunch ( green apples, grapefruits, pears, berries – even sugar in fruit can aggravate inflammation for me, so I have to be careful )
* smoothie with superfoods for added fuel if I’m having a long day ( greens, half of banana, LOTS of maca, chia seeds, vitamineral greens, cinnamon,
* SWEAT once a day – some form of exercise every. single. day. It doesn’t have to be strenuous, and some days it might just mean me hustling around the city for hours on end, while doing a small Ballet Beautiful 15 min DVD section. Although most days will include either hot yoga, 1-1.5 hours of Ballet Beautiful, boxing + lots of walking around the city instead of taking public transit. I ADORE walking so when the weather warms up it makes me verrrry happy.
* GREENS GREENS GREENS. Having lots of salads – BIG salads for lunch and dinner. ALL sorts of greens + for protein + carbs I will add quinoa, sprouts (besides avocado my favorite food), lentils/beans (small amounts of they make my tummy funny!), beets and/or sweet potatoes. As many raw veggies as I want ( ALL DAY/ANY DAY) + avocados + small amount of nuts for healthy fats. Sea weeds ( I ADORE seaweed and have a slight obsession). Dressings will be ACV with tahini.
* one tincture of Pure Chaga mushroom extract a day
* no salt. Although for me, I never add salt to my food. If it’s in a vegan soup or raw dish I consume while eating out then it’s ok! I don’t freak out one bit, I’m not obsessed over. At home I just don’t add it to things.
* daily dry body brushing ( I do this daily regardless! Read about my love here )
* Warm baths every night ( 3-4 of those being epsom salt baths for added detoxing benefits )
* LOTS of zzzzzzzzz’s , reflection + meditation.
* NO RAW CHOCOLATE OR RAW DESSERTS! This is a tough one, as healthy as I choose to live my life, I just love, love, love my raw chocolate and it’s my one treat that I truly enjoy every last bite of. In noooooo way am I saying it’s bad for you ( it isn’t, in moderation of course), or that you should have it when you want a treat. I just know myself when I have it, and sometimes I can have a little too much and it gives me headaches. Therefore for two weeks I will bid it farewell. I don’t like to have an addiction to ANYTHING, so sometimes it’s good to give up the things we CAN’T think we can give up to test our strength. Food should NEVER have control over us! Or any substance for that matter.
* LOTS of love + kindness to my body, soul + mind. AND others!!! My passion is to spread love, health and happiness, so through this I hope to help, inspire and motivate you to STEP outside your comfort zone. It might mean adding more greens to your diet, trying a green juice a day, or eliminating refined sugars, dairy or wheat for a few weeks.
At the end of the day. Trust your body. Listen to it. Love it. Nourish it. Nurture it. Be kind. Feed it living foods. If you don’t take care of your body, where will you live?
Let the journey begin . . .
love & light
- xo Lisa