VALENTINES DAY – LOVE FROM WITHIN, RADIATED OUTWARDS
With Valentines Day on Tuesday lets talk about LOVE first, and second my LOVE filled treats, as who does’t love raw chocolate, and luscious raspberries?
To be honest I’m not huge on the the commercialization of it all, as I believe this love should be shown every single day. Card’s, I love You’s, small treats that your lover likes, and the nurturing + love that should be infused in the daily. But a day to shower even more love, yes please, I’ll take it and will be the first one on the love train!
First off how great it? I truly, truly believe that love is everything. It makes the world go round. It’s pure + unconditional in nature, and is one of lives greatest gifts. When Love is infused into anything only good things happen. Remember the last negative thought you had, argument, disagreement you had . . . with anyone. What if you chose to shroud it in love, instead of negative emotions? It could change the course of many, many, many things…
Also I want to highlight the fact that this love doesn’t have to be expressed to a significant other, love is all around us, and first and for most love lies within our hearts. Love yourself first to love others.
On this day and on all days celebrate the love that is present in your life! Release any doubt as to whether or not it is there – always remember that YOU ARE LOVE. Make room for it and it will be expressed naturally. When you express love in this authentic manner, oxtyocin, the “love hormone,” is released in the brain. Now oxytocin is a hormone you want flowing freely and plentifully throughout your beautiful body!
Oxytocin relieves feelings of stress and anxiety on both the body and the mind. It promotes better sleep – by cultivating a sense of calm and acceptance – reduces fears, encourages generous behaviors, and promotes feelings of satisfaction. Research has found that oxytocin reduces cortisol (the stress hormone) in the body and lowers blood pressure. This improves your ability to restore optimal digestion and burn calories and fat at an increased rate. Both oxytocin and the oxytocin receptors have been found in the intestinal tract with a direct correlation to improved gut motility and decreased intestinal inflammation.
So release your love. Be present in it. Share it and express it with the ones closest to you, especially your special o n e. Your love radiates from your every word, thought, and action with others. Make it count and don’t shy away from it.
A body in love is a relaxed, present, satisfied body that makes decisions with its health & vitality in mind.
A body in love is a sexy, strong, glowing body that brightens up the world with its energy.
Love yourself and others. The love that you have for yourself is the most important love of all. Relationships aren’t 50/50 – They are 100/100. Come fully as yourself, as that person will love you for you.
Ok now onto chocolate!
While I do love my raw chocolate, I’m not one for store bought goodies (although there are a few on the market, that satisfying my dark + pure cravings) most of them are laden with additives, sugar and at the end of the day I never get to pick what I truly want in my chocolate, as I don’t like any sugar added to mine. Yes, I’m that crazy person that loves 99% dark chocolate. But I’m the first to admit that a little sweetness doesn’t hurt. So in making my own I can satisfy all my needs and it literally takes less than ten minutes to make.
I’ve added a lot of fun little superfood toppings to make it a little more festive, add more crunch, and give you sweetness with absolutely no added sugar or sweetner.
What you will need: cocao butter (about 1 -1.5 cups), raw cocao powder or high quality cocoa, dates, superfoods of your choice, some parchment paper and a pan
TIME: 10 minutes
RAW SUPERFOOD LOVE CHOCOLATE //
- 1.5 cups of cocoa butter
- 8 TBSP raw cocao or cocoa powder
- 3 dates chopped up finely
- 2-3 TBSP of pumpkin seeds (You could also use cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios)
- 2-3 TBSP of goji berries ( You could use mulberries, golden berries, dried mango, etc…)
WHAT TO DO//
- Heat a pot of water until it’s bubbling. This is the tricky part, you need a big enough bowl to sit on the top without it touching the water. I have a semi large soup bought, and use a mixing bowl.
- Place bowl over the hot water
- Melt the cocao butter in the bowl
- Take off the eat and add the cocao powder
- Stir using a spatula (best tool as you will want to scrap the bowl into the pan!)
- Pour combined mixture into the pan that has been lined with parchment paper
- Add your toppings! I like to add the dates first as they sink in deep and add those little bites of sweetness which each chunk
- Then sprinkle the rest freely as you wish!
- Place the fridge for about 1.5 hours (you could do freezer for 20 or so minutes if you really want it fast!)
That’s it! Take it out from the pan, break it up into chunks, store it in a mason jar, and ENJOY. Or what’s even better, gift some to a loved one as a Valentines Day present. Made with love in every way.
Now, this chocolate is so healthy is can be had for breakfast! But I’m going to share a equally satiating, satisfying + sensual smoothie for your V-DAY morning either for yourself or to share with your lover.
- 1 Cup of frozen or fresh (I use frozen. Much cheaper and stores beautifully) raspberries
- 1.5 cups of coconut mylk or nut mylk of choice
- dash of pink salt
- dash of cinnamon
- handful of ice cubes if you’re using fresh raspberries
- scoop of protein powder ( if having for breakfast!)
- tsp of maca (libido booster and hormone equalizer)
- tsp ashwagandha (energy and stamina producer)
Eat in bliss, share these with others, and gift away!
This weekend share your perfect heart. Those around you are lucky to have you.
Anyone have any special plans this week? Would love to hear how you share/spread love!
Love you all + thank you for supporting, loving, sharing and reading.